Thursday 9 April 2015

Art Deco - Art Project Catchup!

Hey guys!

I hope you're all having a great half-term so far! I've loved having time just to relax and go on my computer ☺

The post today is going to be an 'Art Project Catchup!', featuring a couple of pages I did focusing on Art Deco. I really love Art Deco design, because it just looks so bold and modern. I tried to focus on a metallic colour scheme, because I just love the way it looks (but mostly because I love my metallic sharpies!)

These are the two pages in my art project featuring Art Deco design. I focused on Architecture and furniture mostly, because I found that it was mainly used for those purposes.

I attempted to do a 'stained glass window' sort of design, using shiny paper and metallic sharpies. The design was inspired by a 'The Great Gatsby' film poster.

This minimalistic drawing was inspired by a DKNY advert featuring Ashley Greene.
I found the advertisement in an old Teen Vogue and I just love the ideas surrounding it. I decided to draw skyscrapers in the girl's sunglasses and I like how they stand out. Finally, I put the phrase "Meanwhile in New York..." above her head and viola! It was complete!

Are you an Art Deco lover like me? Or do you prefer a different style?
Let me know in the comments below!

Thanks for reading,
Have a great day,
Fran ♥



No comments:

Post a Comment