Sunday 8 March 2015

February Favourites (kinda)

Hey you!
I kinda feel as if I haven't sat down and just wrote in a while. 
All my recent posts have been quite short and sweet, so go grab a cup of tea and prepare for a chatty post!

These are supposed to be my 'February Favourites', but they are basically things I've been loving since the end of 2014 and the start of 2015.
Here we go!


Lush - You guys know that I love a good bath bomb, I'm always talking about Lush! I bought 3 bath bombs when I went shopping there the other day, they're called 'Think Pink', 'Avobath' and 'Space Girl'. My Mam's friend also sent me 'Pop in the Bath' and 'Twilight', which smell sooo good! (Thanks Auntie Sue!) I'm also really excited for the Easter collection in Lush, I've heard so many good things. I have my eye on the carrot bubble bars, so I think I need to pop to the shops once again. (I really need to limit the amount of money I spend in Lush, don't ya think?!)


Guides - I'm a part of my local guiding unit and we recently went on indoor camp. It was fun to spend a weekend with all my friends and I really enjoyed it. The camp was 'Around the World' themed, so all the activities were based in different countries. For example, we designed dresses for 'Paris Fashion Week' and made chocolates when we visited Belgium.
Some of you may have gone to Brownies when you were younger, but I think that Guides is really different! In my opinion, I think that Guides is a mid-week excuse for me just to relax and have some fun. If you're a Guide, let me know in the comments. ☺

Rookie - Recently I've really gotten into reading the posts on  Rookie and I just like reading them in my spare time. They're written (mostly) by teenage girls, so each post is different and interesting in it's own way. I have all three 'Rookie Yearbooks' and they're really awesome! One of my favourite Rookie articles is this Lena Dunham interview by Maude Apatow. I like it because it doesn't seem like an interview to me, it just seems like a friendly chat.

Frankie Magazine - I saw this  in a WHSmiths near me and I immediately picked it up. I've seen Frankie Magazine featured on some of my favourite blogs like Freshly Pickked and India Kitty. It's an Australian magazine, so I've never seen it in the UK before and I was suprised to see it being sold.
I think this is the Dec/Jan edition, but it's still really cool. I loved reading all the quirky articles and interviews,  I would definitely recommend you picking it up if you see it!

We Were Liars by E. Lockhart - I saw this book being promoted when I went to 'Summer in the City', but I didn't think much of it until I saw all the reviews being posted. There were loads of people voicing their opinions on this book, so I was chuffed when I got it for Christmas. I read it about a month ago and I can't say that it's the best book I've ever read, but the plot twists did leave me in shock. This book was good, but I found it a bit confusing at times. Overall, I think the characters were developed so successfully! I am recommending this book to you all, but you will either love it or hate it!

What were your February favourites?
Are you a fan of magazines or do you prefer blogs?
Let me know in the comments! 

Have a good week,
Fran ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment