Sunday 22 February 2015

A little less motivation, a little more action please.

I should really be doing my art homework now. But do you know what I'm doing? Oh yes, I'm writing a blog post of how to overcome procrastination. How ironic.

I was given an art project homework to do a week ago and I now have five weeks to complete it. I've had the whole of half term to get it out of the way. But have I? Nope, because that would obviously be way too easy for me to do.

Lately I've come into the cycle of getting up late in the morning and just continuously scrolling through social media for the rest of the day. This is because I have a (bad) habit of ignoring work until it's due in really soon.
This habit, ladies and gentleman, is called procrastination.
And I know what you are all thinking, "She's been watching too many Danisnotonfire videos" and yes, yes I have. 

I mean the truth is that no matter how many 'motivational' pinterest boards you start following, they will not physically get you up off your butt and start working. Unfortunately, I am learning this the hard way.
So if you're trying to put something off right now, go do it. You'll feel much better, I promise you!

Now I've had a cherry pepsi and a rant at myself, I'm ready to go do some artwork.
If you see me trolling on someone's blog instead of doing work, please tell me to go do some work instead. 
I will appreciate it.

See you on the flipside crazy cats,
Fran ☺


No comments:

Post a Comment