Sunday 16 November 2014

How to be Positive in the Winter Months



I absolutely love Autumn.
Orange leaves are scattered on concrete pavements everywhere and big coats and snuggly scarves make a comeback, once again. 
I feel like the only negative of this cozy season, is that everyone is negative.

On the bus in the morning, everybody is moaning about how early it is. In School, everybody is miserable about friendship fall-outs, boring classes and the amount of sleep they didn't get last night. And by the time the day is over, everybody is ready to start this negative cycle over again the next day. It's all doom and gloom.
It may be a cold time of the year, but we (me included) need to stop making excuses to be down in the dumps. The nights are darker, so shouldn't our smiles be brighter?

In an attempt to remain positive during these chilly months, I have written a list of things to do to keep your spirits up.
So here we go...

Fran's guide to having a summery spirit in the winter months:
  • Buy a hot chocolate drink mix and indulge whilst completing your piles of homework you most probably have (I know I do).
  • Buy some cute books to read before you go to sleep. I've just bought The Isobel Journal by Isobel Harrop and Rookie Yearbook Three by the fabulous Tavi Gevinson.
  • Always remember to get your homework done ASAP. I struggle with this one, but when it's done it gives you some spare time to chill (which is really important, don't stress yourself out!)
  • If you do find yourself feeling stressy, take a 10 minute break and have a mini dance session in your bedroom. As well as clearing your head, it also ensures that you have done some exercise, even if it's just a little.
  •  I always like to have a bath with a Lush Bathballistic if I've had a bad day. The delicious scent and bright colours always act as an instant pick-me-up! Also the Zoella Beauty range smells delicious too.
I hope you all have a lovely week,
Fran ☺



No comments:

Post a Comment